Waiting for the D400? You're not alone...

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert A F
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Waiting for the D400? You're not alone...
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Jan 25, 2013

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I personally don't think FX is a natural upgrade either - but I'm pretty darn sure Nikon marketing does!

I prefer to carry two cameras most of the time. Over the past few years I've been carrying a D300 and a D700. It's nice that they have the same basic feel and look (I used to mistakenly pick up the wrong one...) and they have the same grip, L-plate from RRS and EL4a batteries.

Thanks for your comment Craig.  I'm in total agreement with your statement about carrying a D300 and D700. They share the same DNA and same accessories for the most part. Right Angle Fiinder is the only incompatibility that affected me. This may be the last time we see the two formats so closely aligned. Got to sell more batteries and grips next time.  Of the two, I'm looking for a true D300s improvement. Nikon and Pentax are proving that an APS-C sensor can really shine in Dynamic Range and Resolution. A D400 camera might end up being my "one and Only" camera. Thanks, Robert

Robert A F's gear list:Robert A F's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow