Veteran MemberPosts: 5,392
Like?
Re: Simple OMD versus GH3.
In reply to texinwien, Jan 25, 2013

texinwien wrote:

amtberg wrote:

micksh6 wrote:

amtberg wrote:

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: neither camera will fit in a pocket and both will fit in a small bag.

Repeating wrong statement multiple times won't make it right.
OM-D fits in jacket pocket with pancake lens. GH3 does not.
OM-D will fit in belt camcoder-sized pouch with lens like Pana 25mm or smaller and additional small lens. GH3 will not.

Technically true about the jacket pocket

What does 'technically true' mean, and how does it differ from 'true'? Because it's true that the E-M5 fits in a jacket pocket with a pancake and no flash or grip attached, no technicality involved. I do it all the time, and this is a very important feature in a camera for me.

So I'll stand by my statement that, at least for me, there is little or no practical advantage to the smaller size of the EM5.

I don't think anyone here is arguing with you about what's best for you. You, on the other hand, seem to be arguing about what's best for everyone.

I think you are mistaken.  Obviously a lot of Oly fans are arguing that Panasonic has lost its mind and is going in the "wrong direction" for MFT.  It's been suggested that there is no point at all in making an MFT camera the size of the GH3.  I'm simply presenting the other side of the coin.

The EM5 is about the same size as the GH2 and I -- personally -- never felt it was comfortable carry in a jacket pocket.  Granted, I live in Miami and that's somewhat academic.  

Good that we have these choices available to us.

Agreed.

tex

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow