Bad judge of own photo

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
Re: I Think It Lacks...
In reply to JoeRadza, Jan 25, 2013

I didn't read the contest rules (no link provided and don't feel like searching for it). But given the title of the challenge, "Ice", my thoughts are this image falls short because the main subject isn't ice.

If you had posted the image and said, "Guess what kind of challenge this is for...", I might have said, "Orange", "Reflections", "Pond", or "Water". I would not have said, "Ice".

The orange on the land and reflected in the water steal first place when it comes to the subject of the image. I would say this image is a photo of the orange art on the land that just happened to have some ice in the foreground. This, of course, assumes what one sees on the land is snow.

Of course, that's just my personal opinion. I might be in the minority. It's a nice shot--just not really one of ice.

[edit] I would have given it 1.5 - 2.0

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow