Waking the 3880, and resetting the maintenance cartridge...

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dperez
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?
Waking the 3880, and resetting the maintenance cartridge...
Jan 25, 2013

OK, (hopefully) just a couple more silly questions...

When the 3880 sits, it goes into standby more or goes to sleep or SOMETHING.  Lights and display go off, and it disappears from the PC...  When I go to print, it doesn't wake up.  PC says the printer's not ready.  SO FAR, the only thing I've found that wakes it up is to hit the On/Off button (the big button with the 0/1 on it).  It then appears to go through SOME process of waking, cleaning or whatever... I've read the manual, looked in the index, and even searched on-line for information on what the printer is doing, how I'm SUPPOSED to wake it up, and what it's doing once is DOES get woken up...  Can one of you enlighten me, just to make sure I'm not doing something wrong in my ignorance?

There are a number of sources for a resetter for the maintenance cartridge...  Are the various resetters for different purposes DIFFERENT?  I HAVE a resetter for the refillable cartridges I used on the R2880 and I'm curious whether it can be used to reset the maintenance cartridge.  OR, of noone is sure if it'll work, can you at least tell me that trying it won't cause damage to the maintenance cartridge?  The ones I've seen APPEAR to be the same as what I've got - a row of 4 pins above a row of 3 pins, so I'm curious if anybody's used an existing resetter for the maintenance cartridge...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow