I tried the fuji, crops, etc... BACK to FF and excited!!

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,304Gear list
Like?
Re: I tried the fuji, crops, etc... BACK to FF and excited!!
In reply to Dubcat, Jan 25, 2013

Dubcat wrote:

shawnfb wrote:

Just bought my Canon Gear!

Back to FF I can't wait!!

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

How come? Let me tell you why I'm asking.

I just upgraded from 50d and EF-S lenses to almost the same setup as you lol.

-5d mk3
-100mm 2.8L
-24-105mm 4L

and then next lens I buy will be the 35L! Snap!

Well, instead of going this way (still waiting for my camera to arrive) I was in fact going to go the X-e1 or x-pro1 route! I am really interested to know why you tried that and then came back. I decided to go FF primarily because I knew that I could get the shots I wanted with this gear, albeit at the cost of massive inconvenience due to size.

I have bought into the Fuji X-E1 system but have retained my full frame gear.  The Fuji system wins hands down on size and weight and the lenses are terrific..  However, there are some real drawbacks.  About focus is just too slow for action pictures.  No hi-speed sync for flash, a real problem for those of us who shoot outdoor portraits at large apertures and like to use flash as fill.

Nonetheless, IQ is terrific, high ISO performance about as good as it gets in a cropped frame camera, and the whole thing with really good glass comes in a compact package.

-- hide signature --
 Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow