How can I turn off *all* automatic lens corrections in Lightroom 4?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
richardplondon
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,375Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I turn off *all* automatic lens corrections in Lightroom 4?
In reply to KL Matt, Jan 25, 2013

I believe this is not defeatable inside LR or ACR. Adobe and the lens manufacturer have worked together to replicate the as-designed correction as a basic step. This means that any further profiled correciton would be made on the presumption that this basic correction had happened already, unless you found some way to defeat it first when generating the images that were used to make this profle, and then some way to defeat it again when using the profile.

But if you generate a lens profile from images that do include this processing, you are then fixing any inaccuracies that it is applying - just as if these were standard optical aberrations.

As I understand it, the lens is not engineered for usage except with this correction - to put it another way, the lens has a  hybrid optical + software "design".

You would need to Raw-convert using a different converter which did not apply such "silent" correction. I believe this is non-defeatable for in-camera JPG also, but cannot confirm this from personal experience.

Or, I guess that using an "unrecognised"  3rd-party lens, or a dumb mount adaptor which refused to electronically report the lens used to the camera, might circumvent the whole issue.

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow