Sony 10-18mm

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
mu55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,316Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony 10-18mm
In reply to wll, Jan 25, 2013

I'm a professional real-estate photographer and looked into the 10-18 over Christmas (i have the 5n but would have bought the 6 at the same time) it seems good BUT

1. lightroom/ACR currently has no correction module for it, making getting things straight an issue

2. On the 5n you'll need a hot shoe adapter so you can fire enough flash to light a room - mine is good BUT...

3. the NEX-6 for some STUPID reason won't let you use the top dial to change the shutter speed in manual - i'll admit this is more an annoyance as i'm used to canon gear, but seriously, you can't customize the main dial?????? not having this makes manual bracketing alot slower (and realestate agents are always in a hurry...)

when lightroom adds support for this lens i'll take another look at it - but for workflow in architecture/realestate it'll cause issues.

mu55's gear list:mu55's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow