Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christine Edwards
Regular MemberPosts: 330Gear list
Like?
Experience on Amazone trying to purchase an add on lens for FZ200
Jan 25, 2013

I was looking for a Macro lens for  FZ 200 and after seeing one advertised as- Panasonic FZ200 Macro lens etc- written in bold letters, (did not see the very fine print) on the bottom (by dnc)- i ordered the lens. It was purchased through Amazon but to be shipped by a store that will remain nameless at this time.

After ponying up my $69, my lens arrived. Lo and behold- no Panasonic name was on the lens- as a matter of fact- no name at all was on the lens. Put it on my FZ200- no difference noted (supposed to be a 10x close up lens).

I posted a negative review of the company on Amazon (at Amazon's invitation by the way)- a few days later I get a phone call to my HOME to ask me to remove the review.

I get 2 more calls to my home the following day! The second from the "Supervisor".

This was my first time reviewing on Amazon- I did send them an email about the experience and got a standard reply about their "policy" of companies contacting reviewers

Needless to say I will no longer purchase items from other stores via AMazon without well known names. The ad was  posted to be deceptive and certainly fooled me.

I did not return the item- I discarded it and have no wish to deal with the company in any way.

So beware- negative reviews can lead to harassing phone calls to your home. I now realize I can't rely on the reviews unless they are positive. Some people are harassed until they remove the negative reviews.

Sorry for long post- just had to vent.

Christine Edwards's gear list:Christine Edwards's gear list
Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Leica M9 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow