The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Ames
Contributing MemberPosts: 728Gear list
Like?
Re: The End Of My X-Pro Era
In reply to MPA1, Jan 25, 2013

I see the difference myself in AF performance between my D800 and my X-E1.

I have ended up selling of the expensive 2.8 Nikon zooms and invested the money in the Z system. But have kept some of the Nikon system until I see where the X system goes with future camera releases. The lenses seems very good and I'm about the get the 14mm in addition to the 18-55 and 35.

For low light, macro and fast AF I have the D800 + 85mmG1-8 + 50mmAFS1.4 and will add 105 2.8VR Macro (am still debating if I should try the 60mm Fuji)

For convenience, travel, wideangle (when I get the 14mm) I have the X-E1 with 18-55, 35mm1.4 and soon the 14mm. Will most likely add the 50-200 tele that is coming this spring.

With this setup I will be covered until I see where Fuji is within 1or 2 years from now. It will enable me to switch back to Nikon FF or sell of all Nikon and get the complete Fuji X range of lenses + the Zeiss 12mm I yearn for

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow