LX7 with LVF2: Is it hard to handle Aspect control dial and Aperture on lens with LVF2?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,341Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 with LVF2: Is it hard to handle Aspect control dial and Aperture on lens with LVF2?
In reply to PdL59, Jan 25, 2013

PdL59 wrote:

Is the LVF2 bulky and will it stick over the Aspect control slider? Is the sound on video worse with LVF2 since I guess it covers the mics?

Other experiences from users of LX7 and LVF2, please!

It sticks out over the aspect control slider slightly, but its high enough above it that its still very easy to move the slider with the EVF in place. I haven't shot any video with it on (I very rarely shoot video anyway) so I can't say whether it affects the sound. It does pretty directly cover the mics, though, so I'd guess that's a valid concern.

Overall, I like the EVF a lot on a bright day - adds a lot to the camera's usability. OTOH, it adds quite a bit to the bulk of the camera, so I only use it when I need it in bright light. Its a really good EVF too - I had the one for the LX5 / GF1 also and it was terrible - the worst EVF I've used. No such complaints about this one though - a real pleasure to use. I like the way the diopter control is hidden and less prone to being turned accidentally.

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow