6d vs. 5d mark ii? Help!

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,566Gear list
Like?
Re: 6d vs. 5d mark ii? Help!
In reply to evbailey, Jan 25, 2013

evbailey wrote:

I'm sure this forum exist but I just wanted to actually talk to some ppl about it. So I have a 60d and I want to upgrade. I'm a student and am currently getting my BFA in photography. I use my camera for art work and event photography. I'm not putting mark iii in equation bc of the price. I'v been reading so many reviews and i'm so confused! Some are saying 6d is really impressive, but others are sticking to the ol' 5d mark ii. I honestly cannot tell if ppl are sticking to the 5dm2 out of loyalty bc it has been one of the best selling cameras on the market. Lots of ppl are saying 5dm2 is more of pro camera, but why? Canon technically calls them both enthusiast cameras and they are both full framed. I lean toward the 6d mainly bc of the noise level, uses sd card, wifi, bc its new and exciting, and bc I don't see a huge difference between it and the 5dm2. I'm also worry bc it is newer, and everyone always gets a 5dm2 and what if i'm missing out! Please help me! Or maybe i should suck it up, use my 60d and buy a 35mm 1.4... I need honest, not biased, experienced opinions.

Thanks!

Emily

I'll keep my 5D II because it performs well. However, if I didn't already have it, I'd buy the 6D in a heartbeat. I had a chance to try it out and it is great. I am sure you will be very pleased with it.

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow