Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,054Gear list
Like?
Re: X-trans sensor problem?
In reply to shonxiaohe, Jan 25, 2013

shonxiaohe wrote:

viking79 wrote:

shonxiaohe wrote:

just hit the post below. since I am considering X100s, I wonder does X-trans sensor really has such bad effect as shown below? quite unbelivable...

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2012/20121209_2-FujiXE1-artifacts-reader-comments.html

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

The problem is mostly with Adobe, it is a lot less visible in JPEG out of the cameras. You can also adjust your sharpening settings in Lightroom to reduce it some. It only shows up in certain situations, like low ISO landscapes and certain textures. The samples they have on the blog are the worst I have ever seen.

Eric

Thanks for the replies, Eric, so if it is also visible even in out-of-camera JPEG (through less), then it is not just Adobe's problem -- since OOC JPEG is produced by Fuji.

and, why low ISO is affected instead of high-ISO? the same problem should be there always if any.

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

The images are not real. I own a X-Pro 1 in this guy tries to make a joke by using a "oil painting" filter on a photo. That somebody can believe that the camera takes such an image seems strange to me.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow