Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Images by Kipper
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Is it...Dodge Voting?
Jan 25, 2013

What happens when you enter an image in a Challenge and you “Win” first place and then people complain that you have too many 5.0 votes?  This is currently the case with the “Sunset in the beach II” Challenge.

With full disclosure - I have no family on this site (Except my daughter who has never voted and entered 2 Challenges in 2 years), no friends that follow this site and a wife that only gives me ‘advice’ and ‘grief’ with some of my entries.

Now…-…check out “Buzz Lightyear’s” profile, this person’s entries in challenges and their placing’s and now read what has been entered under the picture submitted by “Buzz”.

In my opinion it is criminal to suggest that an entry in a Challenge with 14 votes of 5.0 is a manipulation, as suggested by a number of comments under “Buzz’s entry.  These allegations are there for all to read, that ‘14 votes of 5.0 must be concocted’.

Imagine if you followed all of the Challenge rules, won the coveted first place (& all the money $$$$ that comes with this placing), and you have no one tampering with your position?  Yet some perceive 14 votes of 5.0 as being a fix in the works…..How would you feel?

On this site we and that means all of us who vote, participate and in some way input into this site, should take a breath.  Maybe someone actually has an image that 14 voters thought that the entry deserves a 5.0.  Lord knows, I can’t take that shot, and if I did and was called out, I would be really pi!!ed off.

If it’s an image that deserves First Place, voted as such by the depreviw community, then all the best to ‘Buzz Lightyear’, well done.

Cheers to all, just my thoughts ~ Kipper

Images by Kipper's gear list:Images by Kipper's gear list
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow