the 149 best shots

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
talico
Contributing MemberPosts: 594Gear list
Like?
Re: In the eye of the beholder
In reply to Le Kilt, Jan 25, 2013

Le Kilt wrote:

You're allowed to share anything (almost) you like. It can take years to be able to take a step back and see that a photo of something beautiful is not quite so beautiful. That's a lovely photo, but the eyes aren't as sharp as they could be.

No, it is not perfectly sharp.  For this photo though, I could really care less.  Years from now, I can't imagine that I will look at this photo and think it is not beautiful. This truly captured who my daughter was at the time.  Tack sharp eyes are irrelevant.

Kathleen

A tighter crop.

It's odd, the file on my computer has the sun reflected as a bright orange highlight.  It is much subdued here.  On the original DP upload you couldn't even see it.  It is kind of the best part.  Apparently this is a Least Weasel and not an Ermin.

A good example, a "National Geographic moment" might make a special photo, but not a National Geographic photo.

Agreed, it is not worthy of NG.  I would hope it is at least above the bar for content on this forum.

Tom
My photos http://www.alicoatephotography.com

talico's gear list:talico's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow