Is the 40D still a capable/worthy camera for $365?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Questions thread
clockwork247
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the 40D still a capable/worthy camera for $365?
In reply to Sovern, Jan 25, 2013

Sovern wrote:

Theres a guy in my area on CL selling a Canon 40D with only 3K shutter accutations and the photos that I've seen of the camera body look flawless. It comes with a battery grip and 3 batterys all for $365.

My question is, is the 40D known to have reliability issues and would it make a good primary/secondary camera for wedding photography (I will be shooting with a 5Dclassic more than likely that or a 60D as my main body).

I'm coming from using a Rebel xsi which I bought used for $200 7 months ago and the shutter went on it last night (error99 the shutter is poking over the sensor and appears to be broken.)

So bottom line, is a 40D with only 3K shutter accutations worth $365 and will it be an upgrade/downgrade coming from a Rebel xsi and will it make for a nice backup/secondary camera paired with a 5Dc or 60D?

I could either get another Rebel xsi for $200 and hope the shutter doesn't break or get this camera that's the main dilemma.

Thanks and all the best.

keh has some 40D for only 225... that's pretty cheap, i think that's cheapest i've seen, not sure why you want to pay nearly 400 for one. Keh has a pretty good return policy too.

http://www.keh.com/Camera/format-Digital/system-Canon-Digital/category-Camera-Bodies?s=1&bcode=DC&ccode=2&cc=80166&r=WG&f

clockwork247's gear list:clockwork247's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Nikon D70s Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A37 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow