My Fuji Friends....Any Recommendations For My Weekend Trip?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
awgk
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: My Fuji Friends....Any Recommendations For My Weekend Trip?
In reply to MuMinded, Jan 25, 2013

MuMinded wrote:

kcamacho11 wrote:

The wifey and I are headed to Boston for the weekend. I guess we are calling this our "early" Valentine's day gift because we cannot go on the weekend after Valentine's.

I have done some minor research about Boston, but we are mainly going because we have heard it's a nice city to visit.

Can anyone recommend what to do or what to see during our stay there? I already have a tour of Fenway Park written down as my must-do.

I will post a few pics that I take with my X-E1 after I get back!

THANKS!

Hi,

If you are at all interested in American History I highly recommend the Boston Freedom Trail walk.. It takes you past some of the mos significant and historical places that were involved during the war for independence.. Being that it's winter, wear warm cloths but you will be right in the city so can always pop into a cafe for a warm cup of coffee or a Sam Adams beer to warm you up.

Just don't wear any Baltimore Ravens football logo's and you will be fine..

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

Faneuil Hall Marketplace is a awesome place to get some really good food and enjoy an experience of shopping in a very non-typical type mall.. . Great for the Wife... Good for you too if that's your thing!

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

Newbury street has a ton of upscale shopping places.. But, keep Wifey in sight and the credit cards in your possession.. That place can get expensive REALLY quickly!

Public Transportation is probably the way to go unless you are comfortable with driving in a city. Boston streets are not laid out in a grid pattern like other big USA cities and you can become easily frustrated in a hurry trying to navigate. Use of some type of GPS unit is HIGHLY recommended..

MIT and Boston College campuses are a great place to visit as well... but, those may be best seen in late spring or summer so you can enjoy the associated parks.

One of my personal favorites is the Boston Science Museum, but to be honest, the last time I went there it was over crowded and not as nice as it used to be.

They have Duck Boat tours that will take you thru the harbor and around some of the most famous "aquatic" historical sights.. Bring some tea bags with you and you can reenact the Boston Tea Party right there..

If you are a classical music lover then the Boston Symphony is one of the best in the world.. but, tickets are very hard to come by on short notice... If you were to go in summer you could enjoy the Boston Pops on the lawn.. It is the summer session of the Boston Symphony and is a real treat and a great place to spend an afternoon.

Last, but certainly not least is the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.. I have been to many art museums around the world and I rank this one as right up near the top.. You are in luck as a Photographer because they have a wonderful exhibit right now by Mario Testino.. That looks fantastic!

http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions

Enjoy your trip and post you winining shots!

MuMinded

Not much to add, this is a great itinerary.

awgk's gear list:awgk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow