Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Markr041
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,202Gear list
Like?
Re: Video Comparison: The Panasonic TM900 and LX7
In reply to rockee, Jan 25, 2013

rockee wrote:

Markr041 wrote:

The LX7 has a built-in 3-stop ND filter, that you invoke with a push. Just like pro video cameras. I used it for the outdoors Union Square video.

No need for an external ND filter for the LX7 (but you can put one on too - instead I got a circular polarizer, used in the Museum video for glass cases).

The FZ200 does not have an internal ND; for that I used an external one.

Ok, Mark, sounds like a "mighty mouse" of a small video cam with lots of video features that are unexpected in a point and shoot. Nice that an ND is built in. That should help a lot keeping the shutter optimized for shooting in bright light. One thing: how easy is it to lock focus after autofocusing? Typically, I'll autofocus and possible fine tune focus and then switch to MF (manual focus) to lock focus until I need to refocus again. Hopefully, this will be quick and easy on the LX7. I'm gonna wait out the price and maybe it'll get back down to at or near the price you paid.

There are two easy ways to lock focus:

1. Push the AF lock button. That autofocuses and then locks the focus.

2. Autofocus and then on the lens barrel switch to MF. Then you can fine tune if you want.

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow