ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,038Gear list
Like?
2014 RX1 Alternative
Jan 25, 2013

From SAR [SR5]

[...] Sony and Zeiss made an agreement on FF E-mount lenses. And it works like that: Zeiss will now design at least three new E-mount Full Frame prime lenses. They will have to possibility to test the lenses on a non final prototype. Zeiss has scheduled the official release of the lenses for June 2014! Sources didn’t unveil me the detailed lens specs yet also because nothing is final yet. But one thing they told me…the lenses will be expensive to buy! And certainly more expensive than their current FF ZM series [...] this rumor comes via top top and top sources.

I think I am happy to buy the RX1 now and find my element with this single focal length and not "dream" of a FF NEX... My guess is such a beast will have a $2K+ body and $2K+ Zeiss lenses (ea.) to accompany. After being spoiled with the Zeiss 2/35 on the RX1 I think i would find disappointment buying a "reasonably priced" NEX FF lenses (vs. Zeiss) that has the same weaknesses as the current NEX lenses (like weaker color, harsher bokeh, softer corners, soft wide aperture, weaker AF & MF focusing charecteristics, etc...)... which is part of the reason I stepped up to the RX1 in the first place. I think the RX1 will be looking like quite a bargain in the not too distant future.

Here is a NEX thread starting to receive comment.

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow