Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Love it!
In reply to Ray Sachs, Jan 25, 2013

Ray Sachs wrote:

SLOtographer wrote:

Ray - great set as always. I admire your style and importantly how consistent it is across formats. That says a lot! You aren't leaning on a camera to get the images. They are definitely tools you use to capture your thoughts and vision.

Now to the gear: I recently sold my GH2 and 20mm, and picked up the Oly epm2 + 17mm. It suits my style better and I prefer Oly colors to Panasonic. All are great camera of course, and it's all personal preference. So I am also running around with an LX7 and Pen + 17/1.8! Ha ha!

I have not yet done serious printing with the LX7. That is the next test. I've gotten a bit spoiled with FF large prints, but will keep my expectations at a rational level.

Cheers!

thanks Stan. I haven't done any printing with it yet either, but I rarely print large than 12x18" and I know these sensors will handle that. I've done printa of that size with the LX5 and GRD3 and the X10 in 6mp mode and they all look great.

I may even have a few m43 shots with the 17 f1.8 for the weekly thread over in m43 world this week - it's been a while!

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Looking forward to your return to the M43 weekly thread.  The 17/1.8 has been a fun lens. It's a focal length I like very much, so it was a no brainer for me.

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer
"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow