24Peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,005
Like?
Re: Returned 6D due to dust on Sensor
In reply to Shaun_Nyc, Jan 25, 2013

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

czaharop wrote:

Hi,

Just a couple days I received my new 6D - and what a fine camera! I was just getting started testing the new 24-105 when I noticed a prominent spot on every photo. It was a sizable dust speck on the sensor. The sensor cleaning function didn't help. And in the viewfinder there were several pieces of visible dust (more of an annoyance - they don't show up on photos). So I sent it back to B&H this morning and I hope the next one is better.

I understand that some would probably have kept it - but being a poor photography enthusiast and having saved 3+ years I didn't see why I shouldn't exchange it. My 6 year old Rebel XTi has a few specks in the viewfinder but nothing on the sensor.

So I patiently wait......

CZAHAROP

I would have used my rocket blower and moved on. Youre going to get dust in there again someday

It's a tough call. Three of my last four Canon DSLR's arrived with dust on the sensors. Admittedly, it's a little bit of a concern as to Canon's quality control, but it is also a fact of life when you own a (any) DSLR that eventually you'll get dust on the sensor. I don't remember the specifics of how I cleaned each of my new cameras with dirty sensors, but in general a rocket blower works pretty well. I only have to wet clean my cameras once or twice a year.

Hopefully your new camera will be clean - but don't be surprised if it's not. Try a rocket blower and move on

-- hide signature --

View my photo galleries here: http://imageevent.com/24peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow