6D-Anyone here using it for low light band/concert shooting?-advice please...

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
cageyfella
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: 6D-Anyone here using it for low light band/concert shooting?-advice please...
In reply to PixelRope, Jan 25, 2013

Just woke up this morning to find all your reply's - Awesome.  Thanks so much for taking the time to give responses with a lot of detail and great ideas.  I think I may have caused confusion with my woring in OP. I wasn't doing the shoot last night- it was offered to me last night and i jumped in the deep end and said yes, so I have about 5 days to prepare for my first my first shoot but I wan't to make a good impression first day on the job as it's one of those "we'll see how you go" type deals from the manager:-|

So, i'll be googling hundreds of  band photography images this morning to get a feel for angles/composition ideas. One thing that does give me confidence  is the 6D. I had been reading on multiple forums lately about low light dramas people were having with 1dx/5d3/600exrt/580 focus assist not working and some general low light bad performance when AF.  I came running home to test just how far i could push the 6D centre point in low light and was amazed. I put the 85 1.8 on and only kept the Av at 4.0. iso around 10000! in the lounge room with only the very dime corner lamp on about 5 metres away from my wifes face and focus was pretty much instant. Same test with a mates 5dmk3 was not as quick!....anyway I,m very excited so tonight i pull out the flashes for training drills too!

If any of you have some of your own gig sshots youd like to share that would be great!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow