Anyone annoyed that the Nikon D5100 camera will NOT autofocus with some Nikon lenses?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 801Gear list
Like?
Re: no reason
In reply to eddyshoots, Jan 25, 2013

eddyshoots wrote:

The OP asked if the rest of us are annoyed about the lack of lens focus compatibility in the D5100. I am. Others are not. Bandying unsubstantiated numbers about brings very little to the debate. My belief is that Nikon removed these in order to increase the sale of the newer AFS lenses...to improve the company bottom line. And that they did so at the expense of our collective interests. I could have easily justified my argument(s) by stating that 25% of all new camera users have access to legacy lenses or that 70% of all new buyers assume that a Nikon lens will fit and fully work on a Nikon camera but I wouldn't do that. Why? Because I would be pulling these numbers from thin air just as you guys are (and yes, stating that group is very small or very large without evidence is just as bad as making up a number). As surprising as it always it to me, not everyone agrees with what I say. That is your prerogative, everyone's prerogative...but let's keep the made up stats out of the debate.

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

* Thinks he knows more than he does is my Indian name.

I base my opinion that the majority of Nikon D5xxx buyers are new and have no old lenses, nor care about an in body motor, from previously selling cameras in the industry for 10 years.

Nikon knows this and that is why they can get away with selling these cameras without a focus motor. Most of the people who are serious enough to have lenses worth reusing, buy higher end cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WhyNew
noNew
HowNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow