How much longer will 4/3 lenses be sellable? (second hand)

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
MJohns
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: More doom and gloom, buy an E-620 or E-30
In reply to Forgottenbutnotgone, Jan 24, 2013

I have been buying used lenses for my E-5 recently.  Love what I can get for the $.  If choosing between the 70-300 and the 50-200, try and stretch for the 50-200 and add the 1.4 tele-extender if you can.  Not cheap, but much more capable than the 70-300.  I have both and have been blown away by the 50-200 despite some great pics with the 70-300.

Late last year, I finally sold all of my old film camera gear on ebay.  Film camera bodies had almost no value (sold one less than 10 years old for $8 more than the price of the batteries I needed to prove it still worked), but the lenses sold for OK prices despite being 10 to 45 years old, and some not great quality in the first place.  Suspect that some of the old Pentax, Series 1 and Minolta lenses ended up on MFT cameras via adapters--where your FT lenses will work better.

If the pattern holds for FT, you should be able to pick up used FT cameras for very little, but lenses will hold value far better.

MJohns's gear list:MJohns's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus E-5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow