Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aussie Rod
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030
Like?
Re: Returned 6D due to dust on Sensor
In reply to czaharop, Jan 24, 2013

czaharop wrote:

Hi,

Just a couple days I received my new 6D - and what a fine camera! I was just getting started testing the new 24-105 when I noticed a prominent spot on every photo. It was a sizable dust speck on the sensor. The sensor cleaning function didn't help. And in the viewfinder there were several pieces of visible dust (more of an annoyance - they don't show up on photos). So I sent it back to B&H this morning and I hope the next one is better.

I understand that some would probably have kept it - but being a poor photography enthusiast and having saved 3+ years I didn't see why I shouldn't exchange it. My 6 year old Rebel XTi has a few specks in the viewfinder but nothing on the sensor.

So I patiently wait......

CZAHAROP

My first 5D mk3 had dust spots all over the sensor.  I tried blowing them out, a few went but the majority stayed.  I took it and got it professionally cleaned and one dust spot was still there, showing up at f11.  I took it back had it cleaned again, still there!  Turned out the dust was between the filter and sensor.  The 2nd one was perfect!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow