Olympus E-PL 5 -LENS DILEMMA

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Acrill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,299Gear list
Like?
Re: Although I'm relatively new to the E-PL5, I must say that....
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Jan 24, 2013

You have a few options -

The kit zoom is s decent lens and good for travel photography during the daylight when you are shooting a wide variety of subjects.

The Panasonic 25mm 1.4 is a great focal length for family and kids pictures. It has very fast auto focus and a wide aperture for low light.

Other prime options are - the Olympus 45mm 1.8, Olympus 17mm 1.8(I just ordered one last night because I like the 35mm focal length.), Sigma 19mm 2.8 and 30mm 2.8, Olympus 12mm 2.0, Panasonic 14mm 2.5

All of these prime lenses have good image quality and super fast autofocus. Some are more expensive than others. Choosing one or two really depends on what focal lengths you like to shoot at.

Personally, I would choose the Oly 17mm 1.8 and Oly 45mm 1.8 as a two-prime kit, and a kit lens for zooming video work. The Pan 25mm 1.4 is another great choice but might feel bulky on the small E-PL5.

You could go with a 'superzoom' like the 14-150mm as mentioned, but such lenses are pretty large. Ergonomics is a personal issue, so you may want to try how some of these lenses handle at a retail store.

Acrill's gear list:Acrill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow