Thinking I should skip the D600 and get D800 or D4

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
shotshot
Forum MemberPosts: 88Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking I should skip the D600 and get D800 or D4
In reply to Syntec4, Jan 24, 2013

I think you're spending too much time listening to a bunch of people who have biased opinions. There really is nothing wrong with the D600, the issue it does have or I should say some of the bodies have is minor. Many camera bodies have had this issue before even Canon so don't believe the hype. If you want to spend the money on the D4 go for it but it doesn't take a genius to see the amazing shots people are getting with the D600 and you can't tell the difference between it and a D4. If anything it's producing better shots albeit at a slower FPS. Don't believe me though, you can see for yourself. Remember, it's rare for a happy customer to hit the forums to rejoice about how perfect their camera is when they are busy out in the world shooting. It's the ones with issues that sit on the forums all day beating a dead horse. Just yesterday someone put up a post with a link to flickr of them shooting a surf comp at Mavericks and the shots are great http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3372905, if the D600 was capable of those extreme weather/conditions and still produced I don't know what you're afraid of. Best of luck on any decision you make I'm sure the right tool for you will be rewarding regardless

-- hide signature --

"the Story___
of life is quicker
than the wink of an eye
_______
the story-of love ___
is hello and goodbye____
until we meet again"
Jimi Hendrix

shotshot's gear list:shotshot's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PSNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow