E-PL5 & E-PM2 users - get busy reviewing !

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,627Gear list
Like?
Re: The Magical EPL5...
In reply to CosmoZooo, Jan 24, 2013

CosmoZooo wrote:

- It just works, and works very well. The Magical EPL5 is ready when you are !

Vjim

The Magical E-PL5 lacks a built-in flash with bounce and a IBIS that is actually effective for video. Unlike OM-D video capability with IBIS which is amazing, the E-PL5 will produce jello effects and performs worse then Panny or Sony with lens based IS.

The problem with Oly fan reviews is that they are not objective enough and tend to cover only certain pieces leaving out the rest. We need a pro review from Dpreview and other solid sites that will cover everything.

Unless Oly comes out with E-P5 that fixes E-PL5 low points I will have to stay with NEX-6 which has some focus issues, lacks a touch screen, tends to underexpose in low light, could use a more accurate AWB and has an annoying zoom noise with kit lens in video, but has a very good built-in flash with bounce and a good IS and EVF. Most say image quality is comparable although one probably can go farther with NEX-6 if shooting RAW, which I don't.

I hope Oly announces the E-P5 end of January, beginning of February and lists features so I can decide whether to stick with NEX or wait.

So what you're saying is that you're going to criticize the "Oly fan reviews"....ie. people who actually OWN the camera, when you don't own it yourself?

I just want to make sure I understand where your point of view is coming from.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow