2 Questions: 24GB DDR3 RAM 2TB HD or 16GB DDR3 + 256 GB SSD/2 TB and...

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ed_arizona
Senior MemberPosts: 1,504Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks everybody, went with the Dell XPS 8500
In reply to José B, Jan 24, 2013

José B wrote:

José B wrote:

I want to upgrade my ~5 year old PC. I don't do games but like almost everybody here does a lot of image editing work in Photoshop (CS5). Question is, except for speedier boot times, is getting a 256 GB SSD worth it or should I just focus on buying more RAM like the 24GB?

Also, I don't do video editing (well at least not in the foreseeable future), do I need to go with AMD Radeon HD 7770 2 GB GDDR5 (Dell XPS 8500 special) or NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1 GB DDR3 will suffice (Dell XPS 8500).

Thanks in advance.

José

24 GB DDR3 RAM 2 TB HD machine.

Cheers,

José

hi Jose,

How do you like the 8500?

i Just pushed the button on a sweet deal for $999.00

I got the XPS 8500 with 12GB ram, 2 terabite hard drive, and all the other stuff that is in other configs, no SST drive... this deal includes the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen LCD, there is a coupon code to save 550 if anyone want to check it out, good for couple more weeks i think

-- hide signature --

“ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper." – William Albert Allard

Ed_arizona's gear list:Ed_arizona's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D5100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow