Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
clockwork247
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A37 vs Canon SX50
In reply to Scooturz, Jan 24, 2013

Scooturz wrote:

Hi first post on this forum!

Got a Sony A37 for Christmas and I have enjoyed using it so far. I am a novice to 'real' photography only having used point and shoots before. I like to take all the usual family photos but my favorite subjects are landscapes and wildlife. I live on the lake which is always changing and we have many birds and wildlife that visit us. So far my daughter has blown me out of the water in our home based photo competitions! She uses a canon powershot sx50 also new this Christmas. The zoom on that camera is incredible and I feel some buyers regret in getting the sony. I did lots of research before buying the sony but this was comparing with other SLR types sop didn't even look at the canon. Can anyone reassure me I made the right choice!

Get a bigma, those things are cheap enough, and that'll probably beat the canon SX50 for sure on the A37... it's pretty hard to get good long lens on APSC DSLR... the sensor is big causing the lens to be big and expensive to built.

the cheaper solution is getting a m4/3 or even the nikon J camera, with smaller sensor you can grab a 300mm prime and it'll be come 600+...

Another way is to get a good 2X tele converter and slap it on a decent 300mm... like the 100-300 minolta APO or the tamron USD... that'll do some good.

clockwork247's gear list:clockwork247's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow