D5100 + fisheye + Photomatix = real estate listing?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,511
Like?
Re: D5100 + fisheye + Photomatix = real estate listing?
In reply to Seancho, Jan 24, 2013

Seancho wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

In two words: it sucks. Forget the fisheye and the bogus post processing. Sorry.

Ha! Shows what you guys know. My brilliant, creative fisheye photography just got my house sold! I was outside again shooting (agent liked the straightened exterior shot with the tree, but wanted the mulch gone and the garage door down). While I was wandering around the yard with the tripod, a neighbor I'd never met walked over to see what I was up to. Told him the house was getting listed the next day and he commented that his landlord owned 2 other houses on the street. He put me on the phone with the guy and we ended up signing a contract later that evening. Luckily the agent is a family friend and didn't care about losing the sale.

So fisheye photography does sell houses! I'm just disappointed I didn't get a chance to try out my other cool idea -- infrared 360 panorama. Now that would get people's attention!

Well, good for you.  Of course, it had nothing to do with your photography but there you go.  BTW, I shoot real estate for a living and your shot would have gotten me laughed out of any client's office.  All your planets aligned on this sale, congrats.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow