Canon IPF6400 Printer

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pete Berry
Senior MemberPosts: 2,084
Like?
Re: Canon IPF6400 Printer
In reply to old_dog, Jan 24, 2013

old_dog wrote:

Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the origianl post. I am looking to move from the 17 inch wide printer category to the 24 inch wide. I have been debating between the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 and the Canon IPF6400.

I have had the Epson SP4000 for several years and the clogging has been a real issue from shortly after I bought it. You either have to print several times a week or burn ink clearing the clogs. Nothing I have read on the various Epson forums indicates that this has changed with the newer generations of their printers.

So I still need feedback from people who use the Canon wide format printers and, specifically the question about handling small paper stock that is under the listed 8x10 inch specification Canon lists as the minimum size.

Rollin

My iPF5100 will allow 7x10 media through the top manual feeder tray, in portrait orientation only, as 8" is the minimum height allowed. No reason to suspect the 6400 differs here. But you will be limited to single sheet feeding with either printer.

Pete

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow