Why is the EM5 so much more popular than the GH3?

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,907Gear list
Like?
Why is the EM5 so much more popular than the GH3?
Jan 24, 2013

This thread is in no way putting down the EM5. I think it is a fantastic camera that is worthy of all of the praise it gets. However, I can’t help feeling that the GH3 is its equal in terms of image quality.

Now the GH3 definitely is significantly larger than the EM5 so I understand that the smaller camera would have a broader appeal. However, the GH3 simply seems to get ignored.

The GH3 has so many features(Wireless, in camera RAW Stacking, Great Ergonomics, Fast Processor…etc) that I don’t quite understand why it doesn’t get any publicity.

Is the IS in the EM5 the biggest differentiator? That system is fantastic. However, the IS in the Panasonic lenses is no slouch either.

I just wonder how many of you would consider purchasing the GH3 over the EM5? And if you wouldn’t consider getting it, what draws you to the EM5.

Honestly, both cameras are definitely at their top of the mirrorless class right now. I don’t think anyone could claim otherwise. So why is the EM5 the talk of the town and hardly anyone outside of the m4/3s community has even heard of the GH3?

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow