Anyone annoyed that the Nikon D5100 camera will NOT autofocus with some Nikon lenses?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 780Gear list
Like?
Re: Why
In reply to Stacey_K, Jan 24, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

jonikon wrote:

Don't you think an ISO button would be used by everyone who owns a Nikon DSLR? I do.

I know they wouldn't. I teach beginner photography classes and 99.9% of the users/buyers of these type bottom tier models don't even know what ISO is. The majority of the users will use the kit lens and maybe one cheep tele zoom. They will shoot at the default setting in P mode and shoot jpgs. Most will never even PP the images other than what can be done at the drug store kiosk. That is the reality of the vast majority of "photographers".
People who don't do the above typically buy something like a D7000 because they understand the limitations these bottom tier models have.
BTW I use auto iso (setup via my preferences) on my D7000 90% of the time. It is nice to have an iso button but given that when I do manually set ISO I am doing something on a tripod, if I could assign that button to something else, I probably would
-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey,

You are right on the mark. 99% of these cameras come out of a best buy or amazon and into the hands of someone who does exactly as you state. The more serious move into a 7000 type camera.

The people engaged in photo enthusiast websites such as DPR are a small part of the photographic market.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WhyNew
noNew
HowNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow