CamRanger and D800

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
rgolub
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?
Re: CamRanger and D800
In reply to JerryKS, Jan 24, 2013

Just got a email from Don (Ron? - sorry am at work, don't have the actual email) at CamRanger - he said try and switching LV from tripod to handheld.  Hopefully will try it later.

The system works pretty well, has some rough edges that require a bit of fiddling but I did manage to get a great, low angle shot in musket that would have had me soaked and bent over if I did it by hand.  The ability to change focus without touching the lens is really important to me since you really can't stabilize any sort of tripod on bog.

I've done work with Helicon Remote and an a MacBook, but the iPad / CamRanger system is one hell of a lot lighter.  I can move 30 or 40 feet away and have no vibration induced lens blur from me or my idiot assistant (a Labrador Retriever who lost the 'sit still' programming a while back).

-- hide signature --

RG www.lostrange.com

rgolub's gear list:rgolub's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow