Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mac
Mac
Contributing MemberPosts: 831Gear list
Like?
Re: How to choose a Nikon FX DSLR according to Thom
In reply to b33g33, Jan 24, 2013

b33g33 wrote:

Interestingly, he also mentions that the D4 and D600 reviews should be up by the end of the month. I noticed that he has not touched on the infamous oil/dust issues on the D600 at all (yet)

Actually, Thom has noted this but has not been banging a shoe on the table, yet. Can’t pull up the postings at the moment but one recently was in the context of an overall discussion of the current state of Nikon, in particular, apparent lapses in quality control (D800 AF and D600 internal contamination).

Regarding Thom’s writing, I consider it to be one of my mainstays in staying abreast of what is going on within photography, not just Nikon. I moved to Nikon system in 2008 so his postings have been invaluable to me as I have built out my kit. He generally provides a balanced and reasoned analysis on gear with useful and practical advice. In fact, when I look at some of the decisions I have made within the last couple of years, wish I had paid a little more attention because in most instances, he was dead on.

In December, I jumped on the D600 specials even though I have a D700. The pricing was too good to resist and the new 24mp sensor was the attraction. I don't regret the purchase but would confirm his FX analysis as it relates to the D700. I intend to sell one or the other but have not made the decision, yet. It is not an easy one. There are compelling plus's and minus's with each camera....though would have to say fewer minus with the D700. I intend post on this after I have sorted it out.

Mac

Mac's gear list:Mac's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow