ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noonin
Contributing MemberPosts: 815
Like?
Need a little help with a G6 purchase on Ebay
Jan 24, 2013

Hi,

I just received a G6 I purchased on Ebay and am most likely going to contact the seller about returning it. The seller stated in the listing Great condition. Couple small scratches; otherwise, looks new.. She said it was used "occasionally". The photo showed a couple scratches, so I assumed that was what she was referring to in her description.

The camera was definitely used! It wasn't beat up, but there was paint worn off in a few places (could have been from the case), lots of scuffs on the rubber grip, and dirt on the VF. But, I could live with that as it's an 8 year old camera. The glass seems to be defect free, and so far takes pictures. But the deal breaker for me is the zoom sticks. When zooming in or out, it hangs up when initially pulled, then moves. The lens zooms smoothly, but the lever is a pain to use. I'm assuming this is not normal for a G6?? Does it sound like an easy fix? What other tests, other than take pics and pixel peep, should I do?

The seller states No Returns in her description, but I feel she was totally misleading in claiming the camera was "...like new", when it's clearly not, and am hoping she will take it back. It does say it's covered by Ebay's "Buyer Protection Plan", for what that's worth.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow