D7000 focus problems.

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
heyjoe
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 focus problems.
In reply to DigitalMission, Jan 24, 2013

I am very sorry to read about your camera problem. Unfortunatelly I've read about the issue A LOT. I was going to upgrade my D90 to D7000, but after the extensive internet research i had decided not to do so.

There is a huge thread on one of the Polish photographic forums - all started by a know photographer who'd encountered the problem and made a big mess. He tested about 10 nikons d7000 and most of them failed AF tests. It may seem just bad luck, but there were many other users reporting AF problem, in some cases appearing months after the purchase.

Some reports may be due to wrong AF test preparation, but one shouldn't dismiss all of them - one shouldn't assume all that amatours to be idiots, not knowing how the d7000 should rightly focus.

Anyway, the good news is that from some time the AF problem is known to Nikon and can be fixed. As far as I know the service is replacing the mirror lifting mechanism which is causing all the problem.

Visit the service, they should fix it, and enjoy the camera! I belive it's great concerning all the rest parameters.

heyjoe's gear list:heyjoe's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EXIFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow