New wishlist lens: 17mm prime

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thorbard
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Re: New wishlist lens: 17mm prime
In reply to maxxjr, Jan 24, 2013

maxxjr wrote:

Following another recent discussion here, I took a look at some of the photos I had taken with the 17-85IS. I don't really use the lens anymore...having somewhat gravitated to other lenses. But when I did use the lens, I tended to use 17mm a lot (which I know is a weak point of this lens, but I was willing to spend time cleaning up the images).

My new wishlist lens: a 17mm prime. Maybe as a pancake, to carry with the 40mm lens for a small setup with a Rebel-series body.

Not that I think this is likely. Thought I'd share though.

From the fact that all the "recommended" lenses aren't really anything like the original request, I guess most users missed the point.

Several MF lenses were suggested, including a TS-E and one that is discontinued and a couple of zooms too.

Who'd've thought a compact prime could be replaced by a bulky zoom offering only f3.5 on the wide end...

Thorbard's gear list:Thorbard's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow