Mais78
Contributing MemberPosts: 596Gear list
Like?
Re: Good = no photoshop?
In reply to Teila Day, Jan 24, 2013

Teila Day wrote:

Mais78 wrote:

vander wrote:

Simple, replace the head, or at least the face from the second photo into the first and call it a day.

-- hide signature --

Check out my photo galleries !!
http://www.vandervalk.ca

Nahh..only LR, no photoshop. If a picture needs photoshop it is not a good picture.

Interesting... since many of the most compelling photographs you see today (that sell) are shots that incorporate a judicious amount of Photoshop.

"good pictures" and "talented singers" don't sell product as well as enticing art and vocalists who can actually entertain.

Much of the time "good" doesn't cut it. People generally don't want to pay for just "good"... they want WOW! ... whether the artist uses photoshop to get there isn't usually of any consequence as far as the paying public is concerned.

I like the idea of shooting more "loose" than needed and cropping if need be, because you can always take away, but you can't always add (without a lot of post processing). In this case, I say replace the face with the better expression and be done with it.

Perfect example where frame rate and resolution together can make things easier (select best expression(s)) from a volley of shots (something typical of shooting groups of people.) and taking advantage of a large resolution camera by cropping-as-needed...

-- hide signature --

Hi, thanks, i m the one who has to like the picture, i am not selling. No doubt that in PS you can enhance  a picture. But then you are in design, not in photography, LR should be enough for photography. I do travel photography and i agree with national geo guidelines with regard to post processing.

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow