Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
eaa
eaa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,843Gear list
Like?
Re: Abandoned
In reply to LouHolland, Jan 24, 2013

LouHolland wrote:

What a nice series. Especially the second shot, the explosion of wood and after that the through view to that window and door who gives the impression if the house is still usable. like that shot.

Thx a lot, Lou!
That pic came out quite well, despite the utter mess of it all. Difficult to find any sort of reasonable balance and composition in there at all. Kinda cool seeing that small hallway, still painted an seemingly in order, buried deep within the chaos. I wish that the debris had also covered the upper right corner though, but it was mission impossible to acheve, w/o compromising the overall composition of the subject. Tried tilting the cam to cut it away, but that just led to a very skew door/window, and didn't work out well. So this was the best I could do really... Added a little vignetting also, to enhance the depth and attention towards the center.

BTW always handy to have a botle with you with that cold and for the window of course (I'm kidding of course). In any case I've enjoyed every image of it. I love those kind of photography and they are also very well excecuted.

Yes, this desolation/decay topic is fascinating. Not just photographically, but it also has an emotional side to it, as the feeling of history, affection, memories and respect for the struggle and hard work that once was gets quite strong at times. It really is like a time machine, like walking right back into another era, when entering buildings and rooms like that. Strange feeling, but oh so hard to convey into a small 2D picture... :/

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow