ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MiWo
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?
Fuji lens promotion: Which one to get?
Jan 24, 2013

Hi all,

I've been a happy X-E1 user for the last two months. Now Fuji Poland put up a promotion making it possible for all prior buyers of an X-E1 or X-Pro1 with lens to buy one of the XF primes 35% under list price.

According to the press release this is only valid for the 18mm, 35mm and the 60mm. On the accompanaying image there is also the new 14mm. I've made an inquiry if this lens is also elligible for the deal, but I don't see this to turn out right

To be honest my private lens roadmap didn't include any of the lenses. I was set to purchase (over an extended period of time) in order of importance:

1. 27mm pancake for always-on-me-duty
  2. 23mm F1.4 and 56mm F1.4 for creative, night time, weekend city tours
  3. 10-24mm for architecture, landscape and some fun

Priovided the lenses would turn out to be good, of course!

But it seems there's gonna to be some wait before the new lenses arrive. I also think the 23mm and 56mm will probably be closer in price to the 14mm than the 35mm... And I'm missing a fast prime (compared to kit lens) so I would like to take this chance.

I don't want the 18mm as I don't like the focal lenght and it doesn't seem to be much (if any) better than the kit lens. I also find the 1:2 macro of the 60mm a bit underwhelming as I've been able to focus the kit lens at 55mm closer than the speced 40cm. I do however like the F2.4 speed at this FL.

So to all current and previous owners of the 35mm F1.4 and 60mm F2.4:

1. What did/do you find those lenses to be good at and useful for in your shooting (especially the non-obvious subjects)?
  2. How do you find them for portraiture, street and landscape?
  3. How is the AF performance of these two lenses? Please keep in mind I only have the 18-55mm as reference so comparing them to the zoom would be preferable.
  4. If somebody sold one of those (or both) after using them or went through deciding between them I would love to hear your thoughts and arguments!

Thanks for any help!

Best,

Mike

-

-- hide signature --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Simplicate, then add lightness.' - Colin Chapman

MiWo's gear list:MiWo's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4 Apple iPad Mini Wi-Fi
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow