ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ripleysbaby
Contributing MemberPosts: 661Gear list
Like?
Thom Hogan's V1 book
Jan 24, 2013

Read the manual .

With every camera I've owned I've always read the manual either before taking delivery of the camera by download or the one on the disc while the battery is charging.

I don't kid myself into thinking I will get by without it. So right from my first Zenith E (1973) bought with my first wage packet and help from my dad, I have read a lot of manuals.

Mover time camera companies have got a little lax with there guides , some more than others . Nikon are still pretty good, Ricoh are excelent and panasonic ! Well the word s### springs to mind.

Anyway. With the purchase of the V1 through curiosity and low price mainly , I stumbled on Thom Hogan's Guide, and I was tempted ,again out of curiosity, and paid for and downloaded it.

Its well written and it has an INDEX ! YEY ! The PDF is a great addition to anyone that owns a Nikon V.

As for my first couple of months with the V1 ? I think it's a great system . Ok it could be better. But so could every other camera. Motion snapshot ! What's that all about then ? I could loose that for a start. All it's faults I can live with or work around . The icing on the cake for me is the focusing . Great camera.

Here is a link to the book. IMO worth it

http://www.sansmirror.com/books/complete-guide-to-the-nikon.html

ripleysbaby's gear list:ripleysbaby's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow