Would you suggest me how to make of this a better one? Locked

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dougbm_2
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Re: Would you suggest me how to make of this a better one?
In reply to Giovanni_1968, Jan 24, 2013

Giovanni_1968 wrote:

Steve Throndson wrote:

Hello,

Nice photo! I like the blurred water from the long exposure.

Did you want a dreary, monotonous, winter look? If so, then it's very good as is. The flat tones, and having the horizon line right in the center help with that theme.

I'd like to see it with more contrast - more drama -- and with the horizon higher. That's just my opinion.

Is it OK to download your photo and make adjustments to show you?

Yes, I would like to show people who usually see the same scenery in sumer how it looks in winter.

I too think more contrast would do fine but am not sure about it, the camera I used is an old Fuji S5 and it is not known to be a landscape camera, the strong AA filter flattens a bit of everything, I'm not sure if to leave it all as it is or if to maybe just lighten a bit the rock on the right where there is that dark area.

By the way, thank you for your suggestion, feel free to download and adjust but please just for personal use.

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - Fuji S5 and Panasonic L1 shooter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/

Your composition looks good but I am not sure this is a subject that is good for Black and white. Not enough contrast. Can you post a colour version?

I took many landscapes with a Fuji S2 pro. Perectly capable camera with great tonality

eg

Waterfall, Australia.

Dougbm_2's gear list:Dougbm_2's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow