Can't decide which camera, X100 or XE1? help

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,407Gear list
Like?
Re: But will X-E1 be a better focuser than the X100?
In reply to kwa_photo, Jan 24, 2013

kwa_photo wrote:

photo perzon wrote:

This happened to me a lot. The X100 seemed to ignore the obvious central figure. This was a long time ago, and probably with the OVF, but many of my pictures were like this. It would focus on the background.

Is this fixed with the latest X100 software? Will the X-E1 be less prone to this? Probably as the EVF was the one to check focus with on the X100. Comments?

Well, how are you focusing? No matter the camera, I use the single central focus point and NEVER let any camera decide my focus point. I have never had anything remotely like this with the X100.

-- hide signature --

This is a common issue, but it is not the camera. It is user error, not understanding how the OVF works and the role that parallax plays. I shoot OVF on the xp1 and x100 almost exclusively, and never have this happen to me.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow