X-Trans sensor in X100S to give it a different 'signature' from the X100?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Trans sensor in X100S to give it a different 'signature' from the X100?
In reply to sgoldswo, Jan 24, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

atone2 wrote:

Photozopia wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

Does anyone think the new X Trans2 will be different and address some of the concerns of the current X Trans sensor?

Apart from the PDAF nothing changes - the colour array of X-Trans II is identical and will likely present same issues ... non Bayer array conversion.

Yup! In my opinion the only big downside of the X100S is the X-trans sensor. Otherwise it seems like a fantastic camera, with improved focus, Q-button etc.

I own the X100 and the X-E1, and there is no doubt, the X100 sensor gives more pleasing results. The smearing of the X-trans sensor drives me crazy. Low ISO shots with noise is also a problem. Come on Fuji, ISO 400 shots with noise AND smearing (and in reality Fuji ISO400 is more like Canon/Nikon ISO 200). Fuji is cheating with ISO! I really can´t understand why so many here like the X-trans sensor!? I really hope that the next generations of the X cameras uses conventional bayer sensors.

Or is it something wrong with my eyes? My camera?

Do I want to provoke? NO! Am I disappointed? YES! Or maybe I´m just spoiled with my eight year old Canon 5D classic and the X100...

I'm exactly the other way. I love the lens on the X100 but the sensor is weak compared to the one in the X-Pro1. I don't recognise your point about noise at all and the smearing thing is no longer an issue...

Do you shoot raw or jpeg?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow