Started Jan 24, 2013 | Photos thread
Mais78
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
Re: Your opinion please
In reply to Victor Engel, Jan 24, 2013

Victor Engel wrote:

Mais78 wrote:

I am not posting here because I am a pro but because I need a pro opinion.

I have to select one of these two pictures. The first one would be my favourite if it wasn't for that half tongue out. The second one is a bit less sharp and the framing is a bit too tight in my opinion (on the other hands it has got better smiles). Which one would you choose?

Thanks!

What is the purpose of the pictures? That tongue could be an indearing quality for that person, so the fact that it's there is not necessarily bad, but it depends what the picture is for. The framing is probably too tight on both of them. It's usually a good idea to leave yourself some extra space to work with in post. Especially if the image may have multiple uses. I think the first one is better despite the weaknesses, but then I'm the type of person who doesn't make efforts to hide flaws. Flaws show character and are generally a good thing, in my opinion. I don't ever erase freckles or wrinkles, for example. I would get rid of an abnoxious zit, but I don't think I'd put that in the same category as the tongue.

Thanks, it is just my album from Indonesia, dont need to sell anything. I like yout approach. I go as far as national geographic would go with post production. Dont even have photoshop, just LR.

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow