X100 or X100s

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
dmaclau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,537Gear list
Like?
Re: Truthfully...
In reply to Dkaplan74, Jan 24, 2013

Truthfully?  Most of what people write about RAW is not really relevant.  If you like the jpegs from the 100S then get it.  It also claims some other advantages, focus speed, quicker manual focus.  The only issue I have ever had with my X100 is manually focusing at infinity at night (stars).  It's slow and cumbersome.  Other than that the things people write about haven't been an issue with me.

I presently shoot my X100 in RAW, but not for the expected reasons.  I use Aperture to process my images and in every RAW+JPG test I ran Aperture was able to VERY closely match the JPG output from the camera.  If it didn't I wouldn't shoot RAW at all.  The in-camera RAW engine is just great. In my experience & opinion (50+ years of photography) the time spent messing with RAW files is never worth it.  (pay attention to WB)

Bottom line I am encouraging you to NOT make your decision based upon 3rd party RAW software availability.

Good luck

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-M1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KRRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow