Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
VT
VT
Regular MemberPosts: 437
Like?
Re: Canon PowerShot G15 - User's Perspective
In reply to shuttervelocity, Jan 24, 2013

shuttervelocity wrote:

In the last few shots, was flash used? If not, for the size, the g15 is a clear winner in my books. I'd rather take the g15 in a pocket than my slt-a55 with 18-270. lol

Sam, no flash used - all those shots have EXIF attached - I think if you hover your mouse over the pics toward the lower left corner - it will show the partial EXIF data.

I like the G15 a lot as you probably surmised - but in the comparison with my dSLR, the G15 shows a greenish cast, the tone of the dSLR shots is so much better to my eyes, also the noise/grain at ISO5000 for the dSLR is actually better than the G15 at ISO1600 - but we're not actually comparing apples to apples.

I would find the results from the G15 more than acceptable even in those low light conditions - but since I do have a choice I much prefer to use my dSLR (Pentax K-x and now K-5) which have served me well for over 3 years on a weekly basis, because they are simply better tools for the situation.

To see more of those low light shots with discussion - please click on link1 and link2

or see these album4 , album3 , album2 , album1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow