Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Wooster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,963
Like?
Re: I sincerely doubt it
In reply to michaeladawson, Jan 24, 2013

michaeladawson wrote:

Roland Wooster wrote:

So if you show up and pay in cash, is their process to demand your name, address, and other identifying information?

Paying cash has nothing to do with it. Try going into a gun store and pay cash. Do you think you can walk out with a gun without providing identifying information? Yes, a camera isn't a gun. The point is that paying cash is irrelevant.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

Interesting choice of irrelevant analogy. While we talk about shooting with our cameras, they certainly don't come under the same legal purchase restrictions as guns.

If you read carefully I'm not challenging Nikon's warrantee policy at all, I'm challenging the assertion that the retail store passes on the buyers name, under the premise that for cash purchasers they wouldn't even have the information, thus making the policy irrelevant even if true.

So my point is, paying with cash is entirely relevant, as the store would not be able to pass on the buyer's identification information if only cash was paid, unless of course they demand ID along with the cash - which I don't believe they do.

Roland.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow