Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,147Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!
In reply to LaFonte, Jan 24, 2013

LaFonte wrote:

hellocrowley wrote:

fiftymm wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

fiftymm wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "normal". This is supposed to be a professional camera,

What do you mean, exactly, by "professional camera"? It's clearly not in the same build class as Nikon/Canon/et al.'s "professional cameras" (which can be supported by a specialized professional service department (e.g. NPS), a service Fuji doesn't offer).

The local Fujifilm service center told me that they don't handle repairs of the X Pro-1 as all pro cameras have to be sent to NJ. Not to mention, Fuji does call this a pro camera in the very name. But hey, a Nikon D700 is also not a pro camera, and neither is a D300 - which I've dropped onto the concrete side walk before.

But this is really besides the point - even a supposed impact (again, I don't know if it did happen) should not void the warranty on every item of the camera, including things that have nothing to do with the suppose area of impact!

I'll tell you what Pro service is. When I sent my 1Ds in to fix back focus problem, they offered me next day shipping and a replacement body. Also, when my 70-200 2.8L fell on the concrete pavement, the only thing that broke was the B+W filter.

The PRO in XPro1 stands for PROsumer, at best.

But on a paper the fuji warranty also sounds good...I just wonder if this is not something new as there was also other thread from different centre where they refused to fix camera because they claim it has a scratch on lcd. A fuji was very accommodating up till now, perhaps they are loosing money because of too much repairs and the home office gave the repair centers new guidance? That wouldn't be very good.

We'll find out. Japan typically has very poor guarantee service. Most electronics I own get 3-6 months. The only reason some have better than that is because of foreign guarantees, which push Japanese companies to do the right thing.

They are still on that 'we make the best stuff ever and ever because we are the best and most thorough human beings on the planet' shyte. Too bad all the stuff they make to such high repair standards was originally copied from abroad.

Now if only Japan can copy consumer protection. They'll have to establish a government first, though; changing prime ministers ever 3-4 months doesn't help at all. Nor does voting in the fascists.

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow